Many years ago I was told that the Chinese language contains within it's characters the message of the Bible and in particular the message of the Book of Genesis. Whether that is true or not really doesn't matter for the purposes of this blog though it does seem that there is truth in the claim. If you Google the words 'Chinese characters and the Bible' or 'Genesis' you will get both sides
of the argument.
As far this blog is concerned it gives me a nice explanation about how an individual is welcome to approach God and to have an eternal relationship with Him.
The simple truth of the matter is as follows:
1. God created us,
2. By choice the first man sinned and brought sin and death into the world,
3. We have all subsequently sinned and come short of the glorious standard of God,
4. Because of sin we die and after death we will stand before God to be judged,
5. We will all be condemned for our sin and face separation from God which will deprive us of eternal life, peace, joy etc in a eternal realm of judgement called the Lake of Fire.
But there is good news:
1. God sent His Son into our world. He became a perfect, sinless man and faced and exhausted the judgement of God,
2. If we confess our guilt before God we can be saved but only if we receive Jesus Christ,
3. Receiving Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour brings into our possession the gift of God which is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (salvation through the one and only Saviour).
What has the Chinese symbol for the word come got to do with this?
The word involves a tree (Jesus was made a curse by being crucified on a tree, also described as a cross). The symbols on each side of the cross represent people. The word in English is COME. I believe that God says that the only way to come to Him and to approach Him is through the cross.
The cross is the place where the price was paid so that your sins could be legally dealt with and salvation could be purchased.
HAVE YOU COME, HAVE YOU COME
WITH YOUR POOR BROKEN HEART
JESUS CAN GIVE YOU REST
For more information visit www.seekthetruth.org.uk