- You are either in darkness or light!
- You are either still a sinner or you are now a saint!
- You have either believed the gospel or you are an unbeliever!
- You are either still dead in your sins or you have eternal life!
- You either love your brother (this is evidence that you are a Christian) or you still hate!
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Lets analyse this:
- You hear, deafness has passed.
- You believe that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
- You no longer fear the judgement or condemnation of God.
- You have passed from a state of deadness in sin to eternal life in Jesus Christ.
Please note the conditions: You hear (deeper than merely listening) the words of the Lord Jesus and you trust God, the Father (the one who sent Jesus Christ, his Son to be the Saviour of the world) for salvation.